There’s more than one perspective when it comes to food and so I’m compiled a shortlist of other online communities you can explore (other than my own of course on Instagram @dailydogfoodrecipes)
- Inside Scoop
- Led by Dr. Karen Becker and Rodney Habib this (paid) online group shares the most current information and studies related to dogs and cats.
- Dr. Dennis Thomas
- My favorite holistic vet well versed in Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine and is available for online consultations. He also has an online (paid) community that I’m a member of. He also has a book that is featured on my READING LIST.
- Dr. Dobias
- Dr. Dobias has an extensive online library of articles encompassing everything you want to know when taking care of your dog holistically.
- Raw Pet Medics
- Dr’s Brendan (vet and nutritionist), Nick (vet and nutritionist), and Conor, (doctorate in behavior and nutritionist) get together weekly to riff on dog food and veterinary care.
- Dr. Judy Morgan
- A holistic vet and published author of Yin and Yang Nutrition focusing on teaching pet parents how to feed our dogs (and cats) better food.
- The Possible Canine
- Cat Lane has been helping dogs for 20 years as a nutritionist and chartered herbalist. I’m actually in her herbalist class. She knows nutrition and herbs inside and out. She also has online classes for dog nutrition.
- SoCal Raw Fed Dogs
- Amy Granillo has an online course for you to become certified in canine nutrition. Recently she opened up her own apothecary.
- The Holistic Canine
- Kimberly Lloyd excels in nose to tail nutrition for dogs and also is a board-certified holistic health practitioner. She has an e-book that is worth adding to your collection.
- Raw Pets Rule
- Erin Christy has her own small homestead farm and knows how to feed dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, quail, pheasant and probably more. She has a food first approach and can formulate for both pet parents and commercial diets.
- Monica Segal
- Her ebook K9 Kitchen is a must-read for anyone serious about fresh feeding.
- Perfectly Rawsome
- Led by Ronny Lejuene I love her science-based approach to dog nutrition. She also has a lot of content to help you get started raw feeding.
- Isabela Espaillat
- I encountered Isabela’s account on Instagram. She has a very well-rounded approach when it comes to dog nutrition for kibble, cooked and raw diets.
- Raw Feeding University
- Canine Nutrition and Natural Health
- Raw Fed and Nerdy
- Raw Holistic Cat and Dog Group
I Avoid The People With Big Toes
There’s a saying a mentor once taught me about people that are easy to anger. He said – “They have big toes – they stick out so much you can’t help but step on them”.
Deciding what to feed your dog is a serious topic and emotions can get heated and I avoid people who live for the drama.
I Avoid Kibble and Vet Bashers
There’s also a group of people who think marketing means bashing and stepping on others to make their point.
All this does is cater to their own peanut gallery and bring out trolls.
It’s an interesting strategy very similar to what disruptors do to recruit and indoctrinate those they are trying to brainwash. They will take normal facts that you accept, turn it on their head and then indoctrinate you with their own belief system. It’s manipulative and deceptive.
There’s only so much time in the day I’d rather be for something (talking about food and helping dog parents feed better food) than spend a minute in a negative space.
Don’t Forget Your Local Co-Ops
Birds of a feather flock together and you will find that there will be spaces both online and offline that your “tribe” aggregates around. For me, the local raw feeders have a group called: San Diego Raw Feeders. Being part of this group keeps me up to connected to any local discounts our group can do together.